Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
London Review of Books: add shelf?

Is it possible to add code to the LRB (and NYRB) recipe such that when the issue is downloaded, it is immediately added to a particular shelf, e.g. 'Magazine'?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to add code to the recipe for that. Use the advanced tab of the schedule news download dialog to specify extra tags to add to the recipe.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But that only adds a tag, it doesn't add the issue to a shelf. As far as I can see, tags don't do anything for organizing my books in 'shelves' on the Kobo Reader. I've never used the tag feature for anything so far, since they only seem to take effect in Calibre. But do correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

downlading a recipe in calibre is not going to magically affect thing on a diffrent device. You need to setup the kobo driver to create shelves from tags for that.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:17 AM   #5
franklekens
Addict

Don't see how that's possible.
I see an option for the driver (Kobo Extended in this case) to use a column for the collections. But if I choose "shelves" there, the shelf is indeed converted in to a collection.
However, if I replace that by #tags, it doesn't take. The book is added to the device without being added to a collection (and already existing books on the device are also removed from their collection, which has royally screwed up the sorting on my device now).
Getting Calibre to carry over a tag to a shelf or vice versa I don't see any easy way of doing. (So I just did it manually for the 20 or so collections in my library, so most of those columns are now identical.)
Advert
Old 05-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The builtin tags columns is tags not #tags and if you have trouble getting the kobo driver to do what you want, ask in that plugins thread for help.