Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-21-2024, 05:13 PM   #1
Rémi Ozene
Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.Rémi Ozene can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad EO & Pocketbook Inkpad lite 970
Calibre v7.12 library catalogue server configuration on Windows 11

I have access to a Wifi connection, which I have been granted through the kindness of my neighbour, who is the landlord and agrees to give me access to his box free of charge (just like in a hotel). Now, when I want to network my Calibre v7,12 library, as an OPDS catalogue, from my Windows 11 PC laptop, with my Android E-ink reader and my Android smartphone (via the Pocketbook Reader application), Calibre asks me for two authorisations: one for public networks and the other for private networks. Which of the two should I authorise: just one? or both? and which ones? to prevent my neighbour, or anyone else, from accessing my Calibre library? Is a password essential? Does the port have to be fixed?
Rémi Ozene is offline   Reply With Quote