Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
IVONA TTS problem

I've tried this feature on the T68, using headphones, on a couple of books previously purchased from GooglePlay, and it always stops after reading one sentence or sometimes one paragraph. I hear a low click, and it then turns off. I purchased and downloaded a voice from ACAPELLA, and this works fine, and automatically changes pages while reading. Is there any way to adjust the settings for IVONA so it reads correctly?
It's not a feature I plan to use often, but it comes in handy for me sometimes.

Last edited by paulak39; 07-03-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: forgot to include Onyx model
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Did you install it from Play Store or was it pre-installed (Lynx) version of Ivona?

I have Play Store Ivona version (installed after rooting and doing some magic stuff with Market helper) and it works almost as expected on my T68 and M96.

Anyway I have placed on our tasklist some additional tasks for TTS handling:
It should be possible to set up TTS in a book directly: select TTS engine, select TTS language and voice for current book, select TTS speed, add arrows to be able to go to the next /previous sentence in the book quickly or by setting start point with touch.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have the Lynx version, purchased from Amazon, and Ivona came pre-installed. Thanks for your suggestions, Booxtor, which I'll try. I understand that you sell a different version of T68.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What reading app are you using? Works fine for me in Moon+.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
paulak39
Connoisseur

I just tried it in Moon+, and it is working well. Thanks for your help, Harry. I was using the GooglePlayBook app originally, and also tried Blio, unsuccessfully. Thanks again, Paula
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My pleasure - happy to help .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote