Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Looking to buy an e-Reader in London or Hong Kong

Hi,

Will be in HK for 12 hours next month (towards the end of October) and am very interested in getting a Sony PRS-505 or its replacement (if one is announced on Oct 2).

Are these available in Hong Kong and, if so, where - eg Broadway, Fortress ??

Thanks in advance

PS if not, is the best place to buy online at BHPhoto for shipping to Australia ?

Thanks

Last edited by mobelby; 09-30-2008 at 11:32 PM.
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, mobelby!

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I've never heard of any of the Sony PRS line of devices being available in Hong Kong.

I can't really comment on BHPhoto personally, as I've not used them, but I do know a lot of folks around here have seemed pretty pleased with them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Thanks for the reply and the help.

After a lot more research sounds like it would be a much better idea either buying it from London (on the same trip) or having the beebok (Hanlin in another form) shipped to Australia.

Love the fact that Calibre is kept up to date and there's a way to get mobipocket books and news articles onto the Sony now so will stick with that unless the cybook is too gorgeous to behold.

One thing I have learnt in buying gadgets over the years that a large support base really helps with both adding features (eg via calibre development) and sorting out problems. For that reason alone I'll probably stick to the Sony.
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:55 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobelby View Post
Thanks for the reply and the help.

After a lot more research sounds like it would be a much better idea either buying it from London (on the same trip) or having the beebok (Hanlin in another form) shipped to Australia.

Well, if you're going to be passing through London sometime soon, you could also order the Cybook from WH Smith and have it sent to a Friends / Family Members place. Its a good deal, currently better then the Sony as it is £180 to the Sony's £200 and you'll get more features.

I believe that you'll also get Bookeen's warranty as well as well as I don't think WH Smith is going to provide that support. Smith also has a pretty generous return policy where you can return the product within 30 days to any of their High Street stores. That pretty convenient as you can usually find one within walking distance across the whole country.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote