Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-03-2023, 03:26 PM   #1
cactusboy
cactusboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Books added via Calibre-Web not showing up in regular Calibre until restart

Okay so this is a little confusing but I'll do my best to explain...

This is all happening via Docker containers. I run the regular LinuxServer Calibre docker container AND the LinuxServer Calibre-Web container.

Both are sharing the same library.

I then use Calibre's OPDS server to access files remotely on my Kindle.

For some reason, I just noticed that when I upload a book via Calibre-Web's interface, it no longer shows up in regular Calibre or the OPDS server... until I restart the Calibre docker container.

I'm almost positive that was not the case before. If I do the reverse and add the book via regular Calibre, it shows up on both no problem. But adding via Calibre-Web only makes the book visible there... until I restart the Calibre container.

Any ideas what could be going on?
cactusboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:12 AM   #2
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Both files access the SQLite DB directly, so when one tool makes changes to the DB, the other needs to be shut down. This is especially important as the search indexing from Calibre could make changes to the SQLite DB that you might not be aware of.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2023, 10:29 AM   #3
cactusboy
cactusboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Both files access the SQLite DB directly, so when one tool makes changes to the DB, the other needs to be shut down. This is especially important as the search indexing from Calibre could make changes to the SQLite DB that you might not be aware of.
So does this mean I should not be using both?
cactusboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:45 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
No, just understand how it works and deal with that. (this does not apply to 2 instances of the same app (network shares of a Library folder are still a No-Go)

Calibre reads the entire DB (the table, not the book files) into RAM when it starts. The only way to get a fresh RAM copy is to Restart (ctrl-R)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #5
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusboy View Post
At least not at the same time.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre-web, docker