Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM   #1
AaronMo
AaronMo began at the beginning.

Device: All
What did I just do?

I'm a CSS/Sigil newbie. I've been working on an epub that originated in Adobe Indesign. Today I added a new html file inside the epub for a second title page. Long story short, when I copied and pasted contents from the original title page into the new file, it caused the table of contents to appear on ebook pages. I recreated the issue so I know that's what it was.

I'm starting over with a fresh epub from indesign but I'd like to learn from this novice mistake. What caused the table of contents to become content in the ebook? Attached is the new page I created (unedited)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-08-24 (2).png
Views:	26
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	210378  
AaronMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
There already was a Table of Contents toc.xhtml file. You can see it listed in the BookBrowser window.

So I am not sure what you mean by "it caused a the table of contents to appear on ebook pages".

All I see is a Table ofContents Window in the right hand side Dock position. If you click on the tab that says "Preview" in the lower right side of the screen, you can make the Preview Window appear, and hide the Table Of Contents.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 10:49 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The Preview tab being behind the Table of Contents tab was the only thing I could think of, too. Just switch back to Preview.

There's some pretty good stuff on hiding/moving/stacking/tabbing--and even floating those various Sigil widgets in the User Interface section of the user guide.

Last edited by DiapDealer; Yesterday at 08:06 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote