Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #1
SaintGenevieve
SaintGenevieve began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 4
Nook Glowlight 4 - Disable Touch Screen?

Hello! I'm new to the forum but a dedicated e-reader since 2006 or so.

Over the years I've owned many Bookeen Cybook Opuses and Sony Pocket Editions, but they all eventually died. (The screens on the Bookeens, and the batteries on the Sonys.)

I recently bought a Nook Glowlight 4, because it seemed to be the only new small ereader with physical buttons (a requirement of mine). It also allowed sideloading, which is another requirement of mine.

I'd like to disable the page turning by touch screen because I carry my reader around the house and accidentally touch the screen with my thumb all. the. damn. time.

I don't need any features which aren't built into the Glowlight 4 beyond this.

I've worked with game mods (though haven't made any of my own), but have never 'modded' a reader.

Any basic instructions on how to do this for me?

Thank you so much!

SaintGenevieve
SaintGenevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:17 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Undoubtedly the touch screen can be enabled and disabled.
But there are all sorts of questions of how you might re-enable it.

The simplest would be to modify your reading app not to pay attention to screen action.
Then you would have full touch outside of when you're reading your book.
If your reading app of choice is the stock reader it gets complicated.
If you use a third-party reader (like KOReader) it's easy.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert