Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 04:03 AM   #1
Fynjisx
Connoisseur
Fynjisx began at the beginning.

Device: xiaomi
should I delete the number in parentheses when displaying the series column?

how do I remove the number in parentheses when displaying a column with series?
Fynjisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:39 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Why do you want to do that? It shows the series order (i.e. whether the book is 1st, 2nd or 3rd etc. part of the series). How else would you know what order to read them in?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynjisx View Post
how do I remove the number in parentheses when displaying a column with series?
Parenthesis or Square Brackets???

Square brackets are (normally) the Series-Index
Code:
{Series-Index} in a template
OTOH

I use Paren to differentiate unrelated series (where different Authors just happened to use the same name. I have books from 3 different Authors in their Inheritance series. I break the name tie by adding the authors initials to the series name. eg Inheritance (ID). Calibre ignores the Paren part when sorting)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
You can't remove the series index entirely. I use [0] for unnumbered series.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote