Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
bowlins
bowlins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to reject some changes after using "Remove unused CSS tool"?

I was just using the useful "remove unused CSS styles" tool on one of my files. However, there are a couple of changes I want to reject because they are HTML tags I'll edit later.

So my question is: is the "remove unused CSS" tool an all or nothing instance? Or can I reject certain changes when reviewing changes made?

At the moment I'm stuck at the all or nothing option
bowlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't remove unused CSS until after you are done editing the XML. Then all that will be removed is truly any CSS you are not using.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's all or nothing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
bowlins

Thanks for clarifying this. I'll have to find a workaround. I know this tool should be something to use at the end of the editing process. Otherwise it doesn't make sense, but after finishing editing with Calibre I switch to Sigil because it handles TOC in a way that suits my purposes better, so I'll have to add tags manually after removed
Old 08-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Why not just clean these up in Sigil. It has that function too, doesn't it?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
bowlins

Tahnksf or that! I hadn't realised something similar was also available in Sigil
Old 09-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
With many epubs, using calibre or Sigil will give the same results when removing unused CSS. However, when the CSS is "more complicated", I believe the calibre Editor is able to find unused CSS which Sigil doesn't find.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:22 AM   #8
bowlins

Thanks jackie_w. So now it gets more complicated. That was my "intuition" all along anyway, as software which is no longer supported and developed will be bound to suffer from that sort of drawback. I'll get round it. Thanks again somehow