Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-08-2022, 12:35 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Libra H2O vs Libra 2

Kobo's now running a spoecial on the Libra 2 here which means it's actually a bit cheaper than the H2O. Again, I know KOReader is hassle-free on the H2O and this is a big factor for me - how is the Libra 2 now? It seems like there have been a lot of issues with the interaction between KOReader and the Libra 2, and I'm looking for a 2nd/backup reader that "just works", in KOReader. Is the Libra 2 there yet?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 01:30 AM   #2
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
I used KOReader on both the Libra 2 and the Kindle PW5 to compare. KOReader worked well on both, but occasionally there were sudden reboots on the Libra 2, due to what the KOReader devs figured was its unstable kernel. Battery life on the Libra 2 was also not up to snuff for me; I still haven't been able to kill the battery on the PW5 since buying it after nearly 90 full hours of reading on KOReader, while the Libra 2 died after just ~23 hours on KOReader. Returned it.

There's a new silent hardware revision of the Libra 2 with a new power chip, but doubt it'll fix the smaller battery and inefficient system. Which is sad, cuz the Libra 2 is better and more beautiful in every other way.

What is this special? I haven't been able to find anything.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. Since I have no fixation on battery life and am quite happy to plug in all my electronic devices to charge while I sleep, getting 3-4 days reading out of the Libra 2 would be fine with me. The random reboots though, would be annoying. Much more of an interruption to my reading experience.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:43 PM   #4
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Yes, the reboots are quite annoying on KOReader because it saves progress every 15 mins, so you lose your highlights and notes and progress of the last 15m whenever there’s a reboot. Seems to happen especially when changing frontlight settings. I suppose you could set KOReader to write everything instantly to the internal memory and then replace the SD card once it wears out, which is a huge bonus of the Libra 2. I was tempted, but efficiency is important for me.

Say, say, what’s this special?
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(There's a setting to flush settings on page turns).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2022, 10:06 PM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Say, say, what’s this special?
Sorry, nothing to get excited about, just my local Kobo store offering the equivalent of $13US off the price of a Libra 2 - ULTRA generous by Kobo standards.