Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
damien18
damien18 began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin 3 (iPadOS)
Cracked.com: Missing images and small image captions

Within the last 10 days or so, cracked.com seems to have changed how images within its articles are displayed, as they are no longer appearing in an epub that was downloaded using the current calibre version (2.10, running under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) and cracked.com recipe. Unfortunately, my knowledge of recipes is very limited, and I have no idea how to fix this.

Additionally, the captions underneath the images are very small, and difficult to read on my Kobo Glo. I tried to fix this by adding the following line to the recipe, but it has no effect:
Code:
extra_css = 'font[size="1"]:not([style]) { font-size: 12px; }'
I also tried the following, in case the ":not" selector is unsupported, but with the same results:
Code:
extra_css = 'font[size="1"] { font-size: 12px; }'
Both of the above selectors work as expected on the actual site (using Firefox with the "Stylish" extension), so I don't think it's an issue with the CSS itself.

Can anyone help?
damien18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...9edae7961e1981
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
damien18

This is fantastic. The images are back, and the captions are easy to read. Thanks very much.

Even the "Photoplasty" articles are displaying images now, and those have always been broken. I did notice that they are only displaying the first two pages of the article, but that's still a huge improvement over no images at all (most "Photoplasty" images contain lots of text that would probably be difficult to read on an e-reader anyway).

Once again, many thanks for the effort.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you increase recursions = 1 to a higher number in the recipe you should be able to download multi-page articles as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
damien18

I hadn't thought to try that, because with recursions=1, two-page articles were downloading properly. Now I see that recursions must be set to one less than the maximum number of pages to be downloaded. I set it to 10, because the largest number of pages I was able to find in any recent article was 11.

And, I like the redesign of the "Add custom news source" dialog. It's a bit easier to use now.

Thanks again.
Advert

Tags
calibre, cracked.com, recipe