Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Feature request for Calibre Companion - Swiping through a book shelf

I sent an email to Steve about this idea, but I thought if there was a lot of interest here, it might really convince him to add this feature.

When looking at the book details screen, I would love to have the ability to swipe left/right to go to the previous/next book on the current shelf. This would make it much more pleasant to browse though the current subset of books.

I have a collection of "Next to read" with about 100 books in it. The ability to swipe would make it so much easier to find which one I wanted to read

Right now you have to hit the back button, scan to find the cover for the book you were looking at and then hit tap on the screen. If you could swipe back and forth, you could easily jump though the titles on the list.

Does this sound like something other people would appreciate as well? Or am I asking for something that only I would use?
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Actually, you need to convince me.

Steven and I talked over adding a few features to CC, and I am working on them now. I expect to go to beta (prerelease) in the second half of February. What I am adding:

- swipe in grouping page to close the grouping pane
- swipe In book details
- option to auto close grouping pane when a bottom level item (leaf node) is selected
- option to move connect etc off the action bar to make more room for grouping description text. Useful on phones.
- sort on published date
- infrastructure to add a synced-with-calibre "read" field

And perhaps a mm few other things.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Actually, you need to convince me.

Steven and I talked over adding a few features to CC, and I am working on them now. I expect to go to beta (prerelease) in the second half of February. What I am adding:

- swipe in grouping page to close the grouping pane
- swipe In book details
- option to auto close grouping pane when a bottom level item (leaf node) is selected
- option to move connect etc off the action bar to make more room for grouping description text. Useful on phones.
- sort on published date
- infrastructure to add a synced-with-calibre "read" field

And perhaps a mm few other things.
You are the greatest. Does "swipe In book details" refer to what I am asking for above? If so, you have made my day. Actually, 1, 2, and 4 are all things I asked for, so thanks.

Would the "infrastructure to add a synced-with-calibre "read" field" give you the ability to hide the read books? Because if not, You can already do this with a custom Calibre column.

I also think you should add a "tip" button to the program somewhere. Every time I use it, I can't believe how much awesome I got for $3.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Swiping in book details means going to the next or previous book as defined by the current book list display. This is what I think you are asking for.

The infrastructure stuff refers to being able to mark a book read in CC and have that information transferred up to calibre, stored in a custom column of your choice.

You can already hide books that match some value in a custom column. Long press on the value in the grouping drawer and select "not matching".

As for a tip mechanism: thanks for the good words. We are very happy to have satisfied users.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
kaufman

Quote:
Swiping in book details means going to the next or previous book as defined by the current book list display. This is what I think you are asking for.
This is exactly what I am looking for. Fantastic.

Quote:
The infrastructure stuff refers to being able to mark a book read in CC and have that information transferred up to calibre, stored in a custom column of your choice.
Oh, I get it. Right now I just added a "Recently Read" tag to books that I have recently read.

Quote:
You can already hide books that match some value in a custom column. Long press on the value in the grouping drawer and select "not matching".
That is a great option that I didn't know about. That's going to very handy to only look at (for example) 5-star books.

Great upgrade. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Last edited by kaufman; 01-27-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Advert
Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
This sounds like a very welcome addition
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote