Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #1
Rickpcmp3
Rickpcmp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Goo HD
A "Back" or " Previous" Button

Often when reading a book with footnotes, or links to other references in the book, I have trouble navigating back to the original place I was reading (especially if I've selected a few different locations one after another).

Rarely, in the lower left corner of the screen controls I'll see either "Previous" or "Back". I can't recall which because it's so rare, and I can't seem to make it happen. Normally, the only option is "Home" or "Books", which is never what I want. (I can easily select "Home" or "Books" elsewhere.) Is this normal behavior? My Kindle PW always allows me to go "Back", and has a dedicated button for doing so.

FWIW, I have installed a couple custom patches which allow me to invert the screen ink color, have the original beta features like games, etc. Could these patches affect the lower left "Home/Books/Previous" button? Or is there a patch to force the button to always be used as a "Back/Previous" button?
Rickpcmp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you use use a link, the ToC, the navigation bar, search or an annotation to go to a different part of the book, you should see "Previous location" in the bottom left when you bring up the menu bars. It should stay there until you leave the book, use the option, or turn the page to another chapter. The behaviour is slightly different between epubs and kepubs, but most of it is the same.

I can't think of any reason for it not to work this way. It's possible that some of the formats don't have all the options, but, for epubs and kepubs it should be like this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
Rickpcmp3
Rickpcmp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Goo HD
I'm using mainly ePubs (some are Calibre converted Kwz to epub, but no Kepubs) and I get this abnormal behavior every time.
Rickpcmp3 is offline   Reply With Quote