Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
kyzcreig
Enthusiast
kyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kindle paperwhite
How to deal with clipping limits?

I bought a wonderful book and took extensive notes but found most of my clippings are <You have reached the clipping limit for this item>

Is there any way to resolve this? I've since looked into anti DRM and had success but is it too late to salvage my clippings?
kyzcreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid it's too late once you've actually done the clipping.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
kyzcreig
Enthusiast
kyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkyzcreig can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Perhaps there's a way to read the MBP1 file? I remember this could be done for MBP files, but this software is outdated now.

edit: Found this work around http://www.buzzworthyapp.com/my-kind...lp/#workaround

Android is required (alas), but I'm posting if anyone else has the same issue. It involves downgrading to a version of the kindle app that existed before the mbp1 change. mbp1 is an encrypted version of mbp.

Last edited by kyzcreig; 05-05-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could also go through the book's highlights and delete and re-highlight each one. Might take a while, busywork isn't fun...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
If you bought the book from Amazon, you can retrieve your notes and highlights at kindle.amazon.com.

Also while the amount of 'highlighting' can be restricted, you can make as many Notes as you want (and delete highlights as you go along, since you generally have to highlight before you can create a note).

The Fire, Android and iOS apps have ability to copy text (without highlighting it), from whence you can switch to another app and Paste. I don't think there is any restriction on how much of that you can do, though admittedly I have not tested it (I have yet to run into a clipping limit). All of these devices (including Kindles) let you do screen captures, which are definitely unrestricted. So while these things are not the same as 'highlighting', they can be functionally just as good if not better for taking 'ownership' of your notes and highlights so that you can re-use them.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzcreig View Post
I bought a wonderful book and took extensive notes but found most of my clippings are <You have reached the clipping limit for this item>

Is there any way to resolve this? I've since looked into anti DRM and had success but is it too late to salvage my clippings?
AFAIK, the clipping limit is controlled by a mobi metadata value (EXTH 401), which is usually set to 10 = 10%.

If you often take lots of notes, you may want to check this value with JMME before starting a new book and delete it with JMME, if it's set to 10%. (I haven't tried this though, because I rarely exceed the clipping limit.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:05 AM   #7
kyzcreig
Enthusiast

That's a good tip Doitsu.
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #8
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
2024 chiming in to see if there's a workaround like a jailbreak for, "You have reached the clipping limit for this item?" Went far over that on a few books and really don't want to have to take pics of the screen and OCR it.
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote