Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 05:09 AM   #1
megi
megi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Angry How to get rid of blank parts after the end of the section?

I'm using the news fetching feature and sometimes I turn it into a PDF just in order to read in PDF(sometimes printing important ones) but I don't want it to be interrupted by blanks and want to continue or flow it just right after the end of the section or page. Is it possible to disable page breaks?

megi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, those arent page breaks those are the ends on individual internal HTML files. Conversion to PDF doesnt have any facilities for merging individual HTML files, though you can do so by converting to MOBI and then converting the MOBI file to PDF while using extra css to suppress page breaks as conversion to MOBI will merge everything into a sngle html file internally.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #3
megi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
using extra css to suppress page breaks as conversion to MOBI will merge everything into a sngle html file internally.
Extra CSS? Can you share it if possible because I tried what you said (from MOBI to PDF) and it didn't work.
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the look & feel section of the conversion dialog there is an extra css setting add something like

Code:
* { page-break-after: avoid !important; page-break-before: avoid !important }
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #5
megi

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In the look & feel section of the conversion dialog there is an extra css setting add something like

Code:
* { page-break-after: avoid !important; page-break-before: avoid !important }
Didn't work and also I have 800+ page more(original page amount is 66) right now with random page breaks.
Advert
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #6
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I've tested the extra CSS out of curiosity and it seemed to work for me (got 43 pages), although I see some random breaks too.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi calibre.mobi (436.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf calibre.pdf (678.2 KB, 2 views)
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #7
megi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
I've tested the extra CSS out of curiosity and it seemed to work for me (got 43 pages), although I see some random breaks too.
Before which step should I apply that code? Before converting EPUB to MOBI or before converting MOBI to PDF?
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #8
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I've tried it first on epub to mobi *and* on mobi to pdf. Then I tried only on mobi to pdf, got the same results apparently
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #9
megi

Angry

This is what I do(not more than 100 page):

This is what I got(700+ page)