Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-20-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
lvlrdka22
lvlrdka22 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Onyx Boox Note 2.0.1 Prerooted System Image

This is from a newly updated and factory reset Note, so should have no traces of Kingroot at all.
Rooted with SuperSU.
Let me know if I should upload any of the other partitions (except userdata).

Do with it what you will.
I am not/will not be responsible for anything, including saying what to do with it.
Yes, I flashed this on my Note, works fine.
If you [expletive deleted] up the tablet, don't ruin it for the rest of us by pretending it wasn't your own fault and try to have Onyx repair it at their cost.

No, I won't make a prerooted system image for other firmware versions, I need my tablet for reading and it takes time to extract the images, root it, test it, then flash back to 2.0.1 (I don't want to upgrade to newer firmware versions).

I would use Magisk systemless, but I'm not sure how Onyx packed their boot.img, since as soon as I unpack and repack the stock one without modification, it fails to boot (bootloader unlocked).
Code:
[god@test-server ~]$ fastboot getvar unlocked
unlocked: yes
Finished. Total time: 0.000s
[god@test-server ~]$ fastboot getvar secure
secure: no
Finished. Total time: 0.000s
2.0.1:
system.img
boot.img

Do not mirror and/or claim as your own (people have done this, unfortunately).

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-05-2020 at 11:44 AM.
lvlrdka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 12:44 AM   #2
sherbet
Banned
sherbet began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox note
Holy cow, thank you! I will try this out. Having the ability to run AfWall to disable the phone-home-to-china stuff and actually run termux will turn this into an actually usable device for me.
sherbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #3
jsiebenbaum
jsiebenbaum began at the beginning.

Device: likebook muses
will this run on a note 2?
jsiebenbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Would it work on a nova pro 1?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #5
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsiebenbaum View Post
will this run on a note 2?
No, Note 2 uses Android 9. Note 1 uses Android 6
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #6
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yeah, missed the 2.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:33 AM   #7
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@lvlrdka22 How did you manage to get into fastboot? I tried pressing both buttons after rebooting, but the fastboot binary on my archlinux system kept displaying something like “waiting on a fastboot device”.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #8
Pajamaman
Wizard

I'm confused. Is this for Note 2, or Note 1 FW 2.0.1? If it's the latter, will it work on a Nova Pro with FW 2.0.1? If there is such a FW number.