Old 10-05-2024, 12:16 PM   #1
hongho71
Enthusiast
hongho71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Washington Post RSS feed-based recipes not working

Trying to get the Washington Post RSS feed-based recipe to work

https://feeds.washingtonpost.com/rss...ons/editorials

When I try to create using a standard recipe option, it doesn't work. Seems like that is happening already with other RSS based recipes like the NYT, The Economist and now with the Washington Post. I know unkn0wn has graciously created one for the NYT RSS based recipes which works great. I am hoping his expertise can help on this one. Thank you.
hongho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:35 AM   #2
unkn0wn
Fanatic
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
wapo recipes still work.
you should always attach the log txt file here.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #3
hongho71
Enthusiast
hongho71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi unkn0wn, just trying to get the rss feed from here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/discu...ost-rss-feeds/

So I can look up by columnists and read their past posts. The simple recipe I created just says "<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006)>" with nothing downloaded.

I know there is already a Washington Post recipe but just wondering why creating a simple recipe from scratch doesn't work. Thanks.
hongho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:17 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
The issue is one posted about many times. There is a security issue related to the vertificate store on your computer being out of date.

There have been MANY reported issues and workarounds posted in these forums.

The next version of calibre Kovid is overriding Windows default certificate store and using a custom one.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote