Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #1
naf92
naf92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Error communicating with device, new Kindle

Hello,

I got a new Kindle Fire 7 yesterday and am trying to upload my ebooks to the device. When I try to send the files to the device, I get an "error communicating with device" popup.

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o10

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 219, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 191, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 271, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o10

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
naf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
Joliet Jake
Zealot
Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I've had this error occur with a Kobo. It's caused by, well, a communication problem. You likely have an issue with the cable, such as quality issues, bending, unstable power supply, etc.

When this happens to a Kobo it messes up the database on the Kobo (and that's not going to repair itself). That can be restored by signing out and signing it to Kobo, but that will temporarily lose Collections and stuff like Annotations, etc. Calibre can backup a Kobo database.

I don't know if there's a Kindle equivalent. I hope so.
Joliet Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2022, 03:12 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See if this FAQ entry helps.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:23 PM   #4
naf92
naf92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I looked at the FAQ and some other forum answers here, but nothing seems to work. My old kindle fire worked fine on my Calibre, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm not doing with the new kindle.
naf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by naf92 View Post
I looked at the FAQ and some other forum answers here, but nothing seems to work. My old kindle fire worked fine on my Calibre, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm not doing with the new kindle.
Did you select MTP mode when connecting the cable? Did you try taking out any SD card? These are the most common problems. As Joiliet Jake said, dodgy cables also can cause problems. Try changing the cable or changing the USB port.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert