Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2021, 12:53 AM   #1
HknGrss
Enthusiast
HknGrss began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Which pen instead of the Kobo Stylus?

Kobo Stylus pen is not sold in my country (Turkey). Which Stluys pen can I buy instead at similar prices? Microsoft Surface Pen is too expensive. What pen can I get at a minimum price that will work as well as a Kobo Stylus?
HknGrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 03:21 AM   #2
cycojesus
Enthusiast
cycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovercycojesus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I got a renaisser 520c (on Amazon, for around 27€ after some prime promotion) after searching a bit over the net. Honestly I haven't used it much yet but I saw good opinions online. I can at least confirm that it works. I like that it's rechargeable by usb-c.

Last edited by cycojesus; 12-11-2021 at 03:22 AM. Reason: works
cycojesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2021, 05:38 AM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Which pen instead of the Kobo Stylus?

There are literally two other threads on this very subject, started this week! I’m guessing that people are starting to get their Sages now.

You can scroll down the page to find these other threads and see that several styluses work with the Kobos. You might like the feedback people give on the styluses that they found.

Update: I figured out how to grab the thread URL when using Tapatalk. Here they are:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=341575
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343436

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 12-11-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
I just recently purchased the Renaisser 520C and couldn't be more pleased. Comparing it to Kobo's stylus, it is lighter, with a narrower barrel and nicely balanced. Writing and drawing seems smoother on both the Sage and Elipsa. The button use is very similar in both function and response. The USB-C rechargeable feature is a big bonus. I've only had it a few days but, for my use, I prefer it over Kobo's by far.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:52 AM   #5
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before
vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I have similar experience with 520C.
The pen is more comfortable to use and nibs are much softer.
Even though it feels less like writing with a pencil on actual paper compared to the default stylus, my handwriting seems to have improved and is now closer to the one I get with physical pen and paper.
vintodrimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2021, 07:00 AM   #6
trott3r
Enthusiast
trott3r began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage considering boox
Liking the 520 c myself don't have lobotomies version tho.
trott3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 12:41 PM   #7
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Pixel-Tablet PB-Inkpad-Eo PB-743
Another endorsement from me on the Renaisser 520C: really prefer the writing feel over the stock stylus and the built-in battery allays my anxiety over running out and not being able to find a AAAA battery.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote