Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 11:47 AM   #1
Noctaire
Noctaire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question End-Notes to Footnotes....

Got the reader installed, been playing around with it a bit; even did an export to PDF. So far, so good.

One conundrum ->

I am reading a ePub right night that has scores of footnotes. The footnotes are gathered together at the end of the chapter. Moving back and forth, using pop-ups...it's a hassle. What I'd REALLY like to see, especially in PDF conversions, is the footnotes moved to the bottom of the page. Basically, to divide the page into two parts - top part has current text, bottom part contains the footnotes.

Is there a way to do that with Calibre?
Noctaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isnt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #3
Noctaire
Noctaire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Bummer. If you (or anyone else) knows of way to do what I describe, or a tool that would do it, I’d appreciate the suggestion. Basically what I’m looking to do is to create handouts and overheads with both the regular text and associated footnotes on the same page.

Thanks.
Noctaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:15 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Wordproccessing. Export and reformat according to the page size you want, or buy everyone ereaders (or at least phones / tablets with the Pocketbook app).

Actual ebooks don't really have footnotes or endnotes the way paper, PDFs, DTP or word processing has. A consequence of being paginated html were the "page" size is unknown at design time or to the distribution. Real ebooks don't even work quite the same as HTML on a web site either.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote