Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-20-2024, 09:11 AM   #1
josbin
josbin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O
Calibre Error communicating with Kobo

I have been using Calibre 7.18 and my Kobo Aura H2O for some years.
Recently I sync my Kobo, wich I had not done for a long time. It went well but when I connected to Calibre I got the following message;

calibre, version 2.51.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

file is encrypted or is not a database

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1691, in books
DatabaseError: file is encrypted or is not a database

Windows sees the reader. In Calibre the column 'on device' appears but is empty.
There are no unindentified devices.
I can access the main storage from PC and emptied it and even did a factory reset on the Kobo.
Still the same error message.
The strange things is that Calibre still can send books to the reader, and they are OK, but the column 'on device' is still empty.
josbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2024, 09:52 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Are you sure you're running 7.18? The start of the log clearly says calibre, version 2.51.0..

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2024, 08:10 AM   #3
josbin
josbin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O
You were right, the 7.18 dislayed on the interface is the number of the update found. I updated and everything is fine now. thanks
josbin is offline   Reply With Quote