Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Remove "new" tags from books

I've been experimenting with my new Sony reader and Calibre, and so far have added about 170 books. Is there any way to remove the big flashy "new" label on each book without actually opening them?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I want the ability to add them for ones I've opened, but not read yet!

However, doing away with that feature would work, too.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I want the ability to add them for ones I've opened, but not read yet!
However, doing away with that feature would work, too.
+1 to that! I wish I could add them back short of deleting and retransferring the file again. I don't know of any way to get rid of the label without opening it. It is a feature that Sony added because I think many complained that they didn't have it. I keep a collection called Read on my ereader. I also like to sort my all books list by most recent. Thus, I like having the new label grouping on the slider bar.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 12-02-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
More than once, I've gone to start a book, deciding "It's not the book, it's me; I don't feel like reading it now, but would like to try again later."

Once I've read a book, I delete it from my device, though not from my PC hard drive - do you have a collection of "unread" for new books? I have a bit of ADD, so have a "Current" collection for the ones I'm juggling.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Basically my regular collections like fiction, nonfiction, library books, etc are all of unread books. Once I am done reading then I have several collections like "Read Modern Fiction", "Read Nonfiction", "Read Classics", etc. Thus I don't typically group unread and read into the same collections except for something like Reference Books. Then I use the all books list sorted by Most Recent to keep track quickly of what I am currently reading. Hope that makes sense! The opened books will show first and the unopened books with the new label come after that. You can use the slider bar on the right of the screen to quickly jump between the opened and unopened "New" books.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert