Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-25-2024, 11:21 AM   #61
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I have been using the plugin very frequently without issue. But this time, I receive this error message: [...]
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on my Windows 11 machine. The file selection dialog didn't have problems with spaces or umlauts in the path or the file name. Maybe the file path contained some invisible control characters.

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-25-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 05:36 AM   #62
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
As well as in the folder, there had been a "ú" in the name of the file itself ("Júlia"). When the plugin didn't work for the first time, I changed the name of both ("Julia"), suspecting that this letter might have caused the problem. But the issue continued. So, I tried to choose a totally different name and save it to a different location. That solved the problem.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #63
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by philja View Post
On reading the latest "user-manual-Writer2xhtml17.odt" with special reference to anything mentioning lists, I saw the option "list_formatting" with three possible values - ignore_all, convert_labels, convert_all. This is at odds with line 20 in the config.xml supplied with the plugin 0.4.1 which quotes "value=css1"
In writer2xhtml 1.7.x, list_formatting has 4 possible values:

convert_all (default) old value hard_labels
convert_label_styles old value css1
convert_labels old value css1_hack
ignore_all

I found a sample config.xml file on the writer2xhtml Github page:
https://github.com/writer2latex/writ...cleanxhtml.xml

and slightly updated it for epub3 output and removed all redundant entries where the value matched the default value.
If you change the value in the following line from:
Code:
  <option name="list_formatting" value="ignore_all" />		<!-- default: convert_all -->
to
Code:
  <option name="list_formatting" value="convert_label_styles" />		<!-- default: convert_all -->
You should get the same results as in older versions.

I also found out by chance that writer2xhtml 1.7.x supports page numbers in epub3 files. Unfortunately, it'll add a masterpage attribute to page break definitions, which EPUBCheck doesn't like.

I commented out one source code line to change this behavior and created a new experimental build that is attached to this post.

If you generate epub2 books, you'll need to change the following config.xml entry from:

to:
Code:
  <option name="original_page_numbers" value="true" />		<!-- default: false -->
to:
Code:
<option name="original_page_numbers" value="false" />		<!-- default: false -->
If you're not interested in generating page numbers in epub3 books, you can ignore this build.
Attached Files
File Type: xml config.xml (4.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip writer2xhtml_1.7.1_unofficial_patch2.zip (313.2 KB, 2 views)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote