Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 04-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Interview with PyMusique Creator

Jon Lech Johansen, the creator of the PyMusique iTunes music store interface without DRM, has been interviewed by Slyck.

In the article, he discusses what he thinks about proprietary formats, his motivation for creating DeCSS, whether he has heard from Apple legal about PyMusique, and more. Read the full interview here.

(Via Engadget)
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This picture looks definitely more human than that one!
Advert
Old 04-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
This guy seems quite arrogant. It really gets under my skin when someone treats people as if they're stupid for believing that what he is doing is at least questionable. Which it clearly is.

Quote:
I ignore comments about technical or legal issues from people who have proven that they understand neither. Arguing with unreasonable people who hide behind anonymity is a waste time, so I don't bother.
and...

Quote:
People who claim that the iTMS DRM is a "good compromise" have naively bought into the impending doom propaganda.
Those two comments particularly annoy me. He's basically being an arrogant twit who thinks anyone who believe that the iTMS DRM is actually (comparably) acceptable is stupid. It actually is. There's no way DRM's going to disappear overnight, but this is by far the most reasonable DRM. So why doesn't he waste his time breaking a more restrictive DRM?

If you don't like the DRM, don't buy from iTMS. Go somewhere else. Use Bittorrent if you want a faster way to do something questionably legal.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
I ignore comments about technical or legal issues from people who have proven that they understand neither. Arguing with unreasonable people who hide behind anonymity is a waste time, so I don't bother.
LOL! I was about to quote this as my favourite part of the interview. But it's true, he's quite arrogant, like when he said he was confident throughout the trial. I do not dislike arrogance, though.