Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 03:21 PM   #1
Kizri
Kizri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Question Export Notes Made on Sideloaded PDFs* on Scribe

Howdy y'all - long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Love the Scribe, but I'm quite leery of notes not being encrypted on Amazon's servers.

I'd like the flexibility of syncing my Scribe when needed for book annotations and importing/exporting PDFs for markup while keeping my notes made in sideloaded PDF/KFX notebooks "offline" (ie not synced) to be transferred via USB and Calibre using my Macbook.

Thanks to the incredible people on this forum, I was able to figure out how to sideload writable PDFs* (*converted to KPF and then converted to KFX) using Calibre and the plugin. (The biggest of shoutouts to everyone who helped figure all that out - y'all are angels!!)

Swear I've searched and read, but I can't seem to get a handle on whether exporting notes made on sideloaded PDFs is possible and, if so, how to do it.

I've read the summary on here for the plugin a few times, and it's focused on Notebooks. When the summary starts talking about SVG and such, I can feel my brain lose the thread.

From what I've read, it seems like exporting the strokes themselves is possible (maybe?), though the background is not preserved. I made some legal pads and grid notebooks using publically available Quaderno templates - no background is no problem as these templates are barely there already.

That's as far as I've been able to get on my own. Am I trying to achieve the impossible? If I can export the strokes/notes as SVGs, what do I do with them then? Could I paste the SVGs into a Word document?

I'd be much obliged for any insight and knowledge that could help fill the gaps in my understanding.
Kizri is offline   Reply With Quote