Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
tomdy2k
tomdy2k began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Unhappy Uniform background-not

Hi
i have a new kobo forma And the white is not purely white across the screen..
From around the middle to the right side there is a faint gray throughout ..

I notice it bothered one reviewer..as being distracting.. Where my kindle fire is black and white across every page..I think for 279 bucks they could have done better.

Anyone else notice this..it's even that way on comfort light..

Tom
tomdy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
PorcupineLTD
PorcupineLTD began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Probably the frontlight, it's the same on most (if not all) of them.
PorcupineLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
FlyHero
Member Retired
FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.FlyHero knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdy2k View Post
Hi
i have a new kobo forma And the white is not purely white across the screen..
From around the middle to the right side there is a faint gray throughout ..

I notice it bothered one reviewer..as being distracting.. Where my kindle fire is black and white across every page..I think for 279 bucks they could have done better.

Anyone else notice this..it's even that way on comfort light..

Tom
I have had an H202 for a week and have noticed a weird shifting of uniformity (without the light on). Initially I thought it was a fixed, faded area of the display as I was always reading in the same position. But its not always in that physical spot on the screen, rather in the same area (bottom always looks lighter for example) that is there no matter how you orient the device. It has to be at just the right angle for things to look uniform. I don't know if the coating is just super succeptible to looking differently in different light or what but I have noticed lighter or darker areas depending on where I am sitting and how the device is angled. It's something I never noticed on Kindles...even old cheapish ones...but have been annoyed by in cheap LCDs.

Last edited by FlyHero; 07-05-2019 at 08:50 PM.
FlyHero is offline   Reply With Quote