Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
silentfuzzle
silentfuzzle began at the beginning.

Device: none
P function?

Sorry if this is a Python newbie question. In my Calibre development environment, I added an html file to the calibre/resources folder as my Calibre modification needed to reference it. To figure out how to do so without hardcoding the full filepath, I searched around Calibre's source files until I found a bit of code that looked like it was referencing a folder in the resources folder. I found this on line 199 of calibre/src/calibre/gui2/viewer/documentview.py:

mjpath = P(u'viewer/mathjax').replace(os.sep, '/')

I copied this into my code and modified it to reference the html file that I added. It worked for the most part, but I'm confused as to what this code is actually doing and figured it'd be good to know if I'm using it. What is this 'P' function? Is it specific to Calibre or is it part of the os library? I noticed I had to add that in order for it to work, but I didn't have to add anything else. Searching on Google for 'python P' of course wasn't helpful.
silentfuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's calibre specific. Look in utils/resources.py for its definition.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
silentfuzzle
silentfuzzle began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Good to know!
silentfuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
python os resources