Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
Dr. T
Edge User

Mute Function

Several times (and only at the most inopportune of moments, of course), I've discovered that long-pressing the rotate button on the LCD side and hitting "Turn sounds off" doesn't really turn all sounds off. So, notifications, alarms, and media are still active. It seems to me like that should be a pan mute button. Any chance of changing that with the next OS update?

Old 11-09-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I would submit this as a Tech Support bug report (be sure to indicate if you have the enTourage eDGe or the Pocket eDGe).

As a workaround, you can also use the volume control buttons on the eInk side to turn the volume all the way down.

Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Jerry
Edge User

That seems to mirror Silent option under settings.. It doent mute alarms and notifications but you can play about with the sound settings if you take it out of silent mode.

I can see the advantage of not switching off Alarms and Notifications after all both are set for a reason but A global mute option would be a good edition

Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

From Tech Support:

Chris,

You are right and this is a good consideration for a new feature. Our assumption was that media would be launched deliberately, while notifications might happen spontaneously. We will see what we can do to give you more control over muting.

Tom

I really do see their point of view on this, but I still think a pan-mute function would be useful.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
Chubulor
Edge User

Or you could just do what I did and find an old broken set of earphones, cut off the plug, and stick the plug in the earphone jack when you want it to be mute.

Advert