Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
I lose paragraph spacing in epub>docx Calibre conversion

I'm doing a Createpace paperback. My polished manuscript is in epub. So I converted the epub to docx (with intentions of editing the docx) before converting the docx into a pdf. But when I convert the epub to docx in Calibre I lose all the paragraph spacing. Is there a way to keep the paragraph spacing?

Thanks.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #2
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there a way to keep paragraph indentations in epub>docx Calibre conversion?

oops!

Last edited by Gregg Bell; 02-07-2017 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Meant this to be a new thread.
Advert
Old 02-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I'm doing a Createpace paperback. My polished manuscript is in epub. So I converted the epub to docx (with intentions of editing the docx) before converting the docx into a pdf. But when I convert the epub to docx in Calibre I lose all the paragraph spacing. Is there a way to keep the paragraph spacing?

Thanks.
By paragraph spacing, do you mean spaces between the paragraphs? I hope not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
By paragraph spacing, do you mean spaces between the paragraphs? I hope not.
Yes, that's what I mean.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Greg - try opening the epub in the calibre ebook reader and hitting the Print button. That will create a PDF from the epub. Even if that's not entirely satisfactory, you may not need to round trip through DOCX and Word, you can use calibre to convert the EPUB to PDF directly.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2017, 07:22 PM   #6
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Greg - try opening the epub in the calibre ebook reader and hitting the Print button. That will create a PDF from the epub. Even if that's not entirely satisfactory, you may not need to round trip through DOCX and Word, you can use calibre to convert the EPUB to PDF directly.
Thanks, Red, but I have to edit in the .docx before converting it to pdf.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks, Red, but I have to edit in the .docx before converting it to pdf.
To do what?

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-07-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: forgot quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:32 PM   #8
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
To do what?
I have to re-size it to 5"X8", which is the size of the paperback and add page numbers and just all around make sure everything is where it's supposed to be.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

When you print from the calibre ebook viewer you get this dialogue

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	154837

BR
Old 02-09-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
When you print from the calibre ebook viewer you get this dialogue

Attachment 154837

BR
Thanks Red. Everything got straightened out when in LibreOffice I set the paragraph indents. (The line spacing and everything looks right now.)