Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 06:48 AM   #1
scouseinglasgow
scouseinglasgow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipse E2
Calibre Library not showing Kobo Elipse E2

As the title states Calibre Library not showing Kobo Elipse E2.

The Kobo shows in my PC drives but doesnt show in library device.

I am disabled and my concentration isnt too good as I am on morphine 24/7

If anyone can help with this that wouldbe good. My old Kindle DX worked perfectly with Calibre Library. Plus if anone know of any things I can add to the Kobo to make it a better reading experience (Easier lol) then please tell me.
Thank You Everyone
scouseinglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:57 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
What version of Calibre? You may need to update it.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Kobo Extended plugin has a tick box (metadata... tab)
attempt to support newer firmware.

But the advice to always try the Latest Calibre is still great.
(there is a point where old HW limitations are going to be the blocking event when you get newer devices. )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
That checkbox merely tells the calibre driver to ignore the database version check, and is also present in the base calibre driver.

Neither of those checkboxes lets calibre see a device with an unknown USB device ID. The USB device IDs for supported devices is hard coded into the calibre Kobo Touch driver and needs to be updated for new devices.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What version of calibre are you using? Is it new enough to recognize you Elipsa 2E?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
That checkbox merely tells the calibre driver to ignore the database version check, and is also present in the base calibre driver.

Neither of those checkboxes lets calibre see a device with an unknown USB device ID. The USB device IDs for supported devices is hard coded into the calibre Kobo Touch driver and needs to be updated for new devices.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Do you know the URL for the updated 3.48 driver for newer devices?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote