Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Snelette
Snelette began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4.1.1
Question No free space even tho' nothing loaded on kindle

When I connect up to my mac and put books into my kindle/documents folder, they don't show up on my kindle. THEN when I delete them from my kindle/documents folder, the folder still registers as almost full. It's like their ghost is still in there taking up the space! Does anyone know anything about this?
Snelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Most Kindle books are pretty small. One megabyte or less from a gigabyte or more of space, isn't going to move the needle very much.

If you have zero books on your Kindle, then you have a problem. If a factory reset didn't work, I'd probably go for a replacement.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
A factory reset will wipe out everything except the system software (unless you've done a jailbreak). I wouldn't worry about what the folder readings are, as long as the Kindle isn't indicating that the disk is full.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Have you tried emptying the trash on your Mac while the Kindle is connected? If you're deleting them manually on the Mac, your books could still all be on the Kindle, just in the (hidden) trash folder.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote