Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
Narval
Narval began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - Kobo glo - Kindle paperwhite
Replace japanese PW2 screen on a french-bought PW2?

Hello,

I have a PW2 wifi (905A), bought in Japan in 2014.
It wasn't jail-broken.
Last month, it suddenly showed something like "update failed". After, it has never re-booted.
I decided to make serial port, with success, but diagnose leads to: the eMMC is dead.

I could have a PW2 bought in France with broken screen. The guy doesn't know exact model, but says it's a 6th gen.

So my question about compatibility: could I replace my screen (PW2 905A) on a PW2 2013 motherboard bought in France? (are the both screens same model?)

Many thanks for advises,

Harnon.
Narval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #2
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Yes you can.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #3
Narval

Hello,

Marvelous!

I will do it and post result.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Harnon.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #4
Narval

Hello,

I got the kindle with broken screen today, and replaced the motherboard to my working screen.

It is perfect, works fine.
Really happy to have my kindle back.

Thank you for helping.

Harnon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2775.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	171485
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2776.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	171486
Old 05-17-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narval View Post
Hello,

I got the kindle with broken screen today, and replaced the motherboard to my working screen.

It is perfect, works fine.
Really happy to have my kindle back.

Thank you for helping.

Harnon.
If you did not see any smoke, you should be good to go.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2019, 05:41 PM   #6
Narval

Didn't see any smoke...

I am now having it on since a few hours and everything is fine.
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narval View Post
Didn't see any smoke...

I am now having it on since a few hours and everything is fine.
Thanks!
Access to your Amazon account and the device registration follows the motherboard.
So if the seller did not de-register it before selling it, your still using his account / registration.
If you have any trouble getting it registered to your account, contact Amazon Customer service - they should be able to update their records.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote