Kobo Nickel 10 6.62%
Malabar 16 10.60%
Kobo UD Kakugo 6 3.97%
Open Dyslexic 2 1.32%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2024, 03:27 PM   #106
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
somewhat confused by the poll. It asks for favorite preinstalled font but many of them listed are not preinstalled on my new Libra Colour?
The poll was started in 2018. Kobo removed Georgia and other fonts in 2024, starting with the Clara/Libra Colour and Clara BW.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 03:51 PM   #107
Penny
Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The poll was started in 2018. Kobo removed Georgia and other fonts in 2024, starting with the Clara/Libra Colour and Clara BW.
I was confused with the poll options as well. It's very silly for someone to resurrect a 6 year old thread rather then start a new poll with the modern and applicable fonts.
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:40 PM   #108
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
I was confused with the poll options as well. It's very silly for someone to resurrect a 6 year old thread rather then start a new poll with the modern and applicable fonts.
More importantly there should be a "none of the above" option.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:08 PM   #109
Apollyon202
Apollyon202 doesn't litterApollyon202 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara HD, Aura, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Just for the record I have Libra 2 revision 2 which came with firmware version 4.34 from factory and it also doesn't have some default fonts, namely Caecilia, Gill Sans and Malabar.

Altough mostly I use the font Metropolis anyway.
Apollyon202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:13 PM   #110
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, so Kobo has removed fonts before. Good to know, thanks.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:52 PM   #111
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
I loved the Malabar font on my Forma, and was sad to see it gone on the Libra Colour. I downloaded a bunch of fonts to try out from DaFont.com and settled on 'Billie Eilish' as the most readable for me.

If I HAD to use a preinstalled font, it would probably be Kobo Nickel.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 12:46 AM   #112
Aleron Ives
Wizard

You can get it back by using kobopatch, if you want.
Old 05-11-2024, 01:35 PM   #113
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Mostly, I don't use the pre-installed fonts. For a long while, Georgia was my favorite of those, but my eyes must've changed a little, as I started drifting to either Amasis (that's what I voted for) or Literata. I have tended to shift between those two this past year.

Amasis was on my 2011 WiFi Nook when I started e-reading, and I've always found it easy to read. But my favorite these days is Literata. If I do use Georgia, it's side-loaded Georgia Pro, because I like my ligatures.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote