Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Maverynthia
Enthusiast
Maverynthia began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 3 8.0 /Samsung Galaxy S5 / PC
Remove Comments|Desc.|Review from Insert Metadata

I like the option to inset the metadata as a page, but for some of these books the description/review/comments/ALL of the above at once is sooooo long and I really don't need it as part of the page.

Is there a way to remove that section? I browsed around but could only find a way to turn off tags, series, publisher and rating.
Maverynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverynthia View Post
I like the option to inset the metadata as a page, but for some of these books the description/review/comments/ALL of the above at once is sooooo long and I really don't need it as part of the page.

Is there a way to remove that section? I browsed around but could only find a way to turn off tags, series, publisher and rating.
Comments: ?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Maverynthia
Enthusiast

That big section in the metadata view where the authors have about a gajillion quotes from people, a list of awards, a description of the book followed by a long snippet from said book. That gets put into the grey box when you have Calibre add the metadata page on conversion. I want that gone because it takes up too much space.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I usually edit out of the comments. Or choose a metadata source that doesn't include it when downloading the metadata.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverynthia View Post

Read this section of the FAQ. You will find how to create a Resource directory within your calibre settings directory. Whatever you duplicate in this directory will take precedence over the same items in the Resource directory located in the calibre program area. I have a

\Calibre Settings\resources\jacket\

directory in settings and in that directory I have copied from the same folder in the program directory the following files and modified those files to suit what I wanted the Book Jacket to look like:

stylesheet.css
template.xhtml

I can edit these files and they will be used when adding the book jacket to the book. It is simple to edit out the comments from this template.

I also have a directory within settings

\Calibre Settings\resources\images\

where I place my custom icons for calibre's gui.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-25-2013 at 07:53 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Davidfor,
I think the point here may be that he wants the Comments metadata in calibre, but not in his ebook. I'm not aware of a way to do this.

But DoctorOhh has arrived and seems to have an answer for this.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 09-25-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Crossposting with the Doctor. Edited for greater clarity.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I think the point here may be that he wants the Comments metadata in calibre, but not in his ebook. I'm not aware of a way to do this.
I beat you by a minute with how to do exactly that.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #8
Maverynthia
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Read this section of the FAQ. You will find how to create a Resource directory within your calibre settings directory. Whatever you duplicate in this directory will take precedence over the same items in the Resource directory located in the calibre program area. I have a

\Calibre Settings\resources\jacket\

directory in settings and in that directory I have copied from the same folder in the program directory the following files and modified those files to suit what I wanted the Book Jacket to look like:

stylesheet.css
template.xhtml

I can edit these files and they will be used when adding the book jacket to the book. It is simple to edit out the comments from this template.

I also have a directory within settings

\Calibre Settings\resources\images\

where I place my custom icons for calibre's gui.

Good Luck.
Alright thanks, that seems to work
I was editing it before as per other posts here but "Comments" isn't specifically specified, just series,published,rating,tags.

Like someone forgot to comment /* Comments Section */

I hadn't even thought to look at the template.xhtml.