Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2024, 07:07 AM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Can't connect to Calibre

I have an Eclipsa with latest firmware 4.38.21908, and Calibre just installed 7.12.

It tells me

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 111, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 565, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2048, in books
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Any suggestion ? Should I go to the Calibre forum, or is it an easy one ?

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 09:12 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
If the database is corrupted then you can either restore from a backup that the Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre can optionally take, or select the "Sign out" option on the Kobo's settings Accounts page.

This will delete the database and (unfortunately) you'll have to redo the Kobo setup.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2024, 10:02 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If the database is corrupted then you can either restore from a backup that the Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre can optionally take, or select the "Sign out" option on the Kobo's settings Accounts page.

This will delete the database and (unfortunately) you'll have to redo the Kobo setup.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Ouch…. Not an easy one, then. Thanks, I have to think upon this, as it will be a very long operation
Painful, very painful.
Thanks again
Bruno
Old 06-02-2024, 10:43 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
It's quick. Dropping the database does not remove sideloaded content from the device. After you've completed the registration, any patches you had installed will still be present. The device will just do a scan of content and add it to the databse.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 10:58 AM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It's quick. Dropping the database does not remove sideloaded content from the device. After you've completed the registration, any patches you had installed will still be present. The device will just do a scan of content and add it to the databse.
I will try, I was worried about the sideloaded, I have lots and lots of them.
Many from Humble Bundle.

Thanks, let’s see….
Advert
Old 06-02-2024, 11:16 AM   #6
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I will try, I was worried about the sideloaded, I have lots and lots of them.
Many from Humble Bundle.

Thanks, let’s see….
The first part went well and was quite quick. Thanks, I’ll have to remember it. And the backup, I did not know about it

Bruno