Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2024, 08:55 AM   #1
1ily
1ily began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Transfer annotations from Libra 2 to Colour

Hello!

I'm going to get a libra colour, and I wanted to transfer my annotations for sideloaded books - is this something I can do by transferring the DB over to the new device? Is there a specific process or are the databases formatted differently?
1ily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 09:05 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's fraught.
Also for reading mono novels, the thing most likely with annotations, the Libra 2 is far better.
You can easily export by about 3 or 4 methods to a computer as text files with highlight, location date and note.

The Libra Colour databases will have extra stuff. It's technically possible, but you also need to copy the exact epub files on the Libra 2 also. I'd only attempt it between two identical models.

Keep the Libra 2 for novels and use the Libra colour only for colour content and possibly Notebooks. It's inferior for mono text or mono graphics.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2024, 10:11 AM   #3
1ily
1ily began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's fraught.
Also for reading mono novels, the thing most likely with annotations, the Libra 2 is far better.
You can easily export by about 3 or 4 methods to a computer as text files with highlight, location date and note.

The Libra Colour databases will have extra stuff. It's technically possible, but you also need to copy the exact epub files on the Libra 2 also. I'd only attempt it between two identical models.

Keep the Libra 2 for novels and use the Libra colour only for colour content and possibly Notebooks. It's inferior for mono text or mono graphics.
My brain knows Libra 2 is better but my heart wants color

Thanks for the info! I might peek at the database and try to run some SQL inserts and see how that goes

Last edited by 1ily; 05-31-2024 at 10:39 AM.
1ily is offline   Reply With Quote