Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
CharredScribe
Addict
CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Aura ONE
Adding books downloaded via Kobo to Calibre-created collections

Hi all. I have just started using Calibre and have a question about using collections. Previously, I used collections created on the device (Aura HD). I also only bought books via Kobobooks.com.

Now, I am using Calibre and I have figured out how to create collections via the "add your own columns" function, and how to get sideloaded books to automatically go into a specific collection. What I cannot figure out is how to automatically add Kobo-purchased books to those same collections. I can do it manually of course via the device, but is there a way to do it automatically now that the Kobo books are already purchased and on the device?

Additional questions:
- Calibre won't save the Kobo books as it says they are virtual. Is there a way to get the Kobo-purchased books into the same library list as the sideloaded books?.
- Is there a way to use Calibre to change books to from "unread" to "read"?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am VERY new to Calibre so you may need to explain things to me like I'm 5!

Last edited by CharredScribe; 01-26-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Added new questions
CharredScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:43 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can click on the dropdown by Add books, and create an empty book for each Kobo book. Then the empty book record will match the Kobo books of the same name, and should start generating collections.

Collections are only managed for books in calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I usually download the epub version from the Kobo shop and add that to your calibre library. You can also use the Obok plugin to add the book from the library the Kobo desktop application maintains. This is also does DRM removal, so it's not available here.

As to changing the reading status, my Kobo Utilities plugin will do this. And a lot more.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:30 AM   #4
CharredScribe
Addict
CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to both of you for these suggestions. I will give them a go tonight and report back.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
CharredScribe
Addict

davidfor - thanks, your kobo plugin is really great. It did the trick for changing the reading status.

eschwartz - thanks for the tip. It did work and I was able to add books the bookshelves listed in Calibre, but it did not affect the e-reader itself (as your last sentence warned me). I didn't have that many books though, so I was able to do it manually.

Thanks to both of you.
Advert