Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2024, 07:33 AM   #1
baursak
Connoisseur
baursak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2021) Signature Edition
Odd menu items

How can I get rid of odd menu items on Home screen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_home_discover_my_notebooks.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	209014  
baursak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 09:42 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Sage has a Notebooks feature.

The Home and Discover can be replaced by My Books if the configuration file has SideloadedMode=true

The Discover tab is on all Kobos that are logged in and not in SideloadedMode

The Notebooks Tab appears if the Sage, Libra Colour or Elipsa have detected the Kobo or Surface Pen. Sometimes spurious. If you really don't have a pen that can be turned off in the configuration file.
Look for something like PenDetected=true and change it to false.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2024, 11:34 AM   #3
baursak
Connoisseur
baursak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2021) Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The Sage has a Notebooks feature.

The Home and Discover can be replaced by My Books if the configuration file has SideloadedMode=true

The Discover tab is on all Kobos that are logged in and not in SideloadedMode

The Notebooks Tab appears if the Sage, Libra Colour or Elipsa have detected the Kobo or Surface Pen. Sometimes spurious. If you really don't have a pen that can be turned off in the configuration file.
Look for something like PenDetected=true and change it to false.
1. thank you - I would like to limit myself with removing 'Discover' menu item, but to leave 'Home', 'My Books' and 'More' as it is. - Is there an appropriate solution?

2. I have already found a working solution here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...08&postcount=8
.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf > [ApplicationPreferences] > change value for 'StylusUsageDetected' from 'true' to 'false'

Last edited by baursak; 06-18-2024 at 11:37 AM.
baursak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 04:12 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by baursak View Post
I would like to limit myself with removing 'Discover' menu item, but to leave 'Home', 'My Books' and 'More' as it is. - Is there an appropriate solution?
No. Sideload mode will remove both Home and Discover. You can't remove Discover by itself.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 05:38 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The My Books can fill the screen with the equivalent of the top row of Home (grid view mode), more flexibly. The rest of the Home Screen is either pointless or easily accessed content via My Books settings.

You only lose the adverts on the Home with SideloadedMode=true.

Try it. One click in Settings, Account will revert to having Home, My Books & Discover, without losing any reading settings or ebooks on the device, if you are logged in on your account when you add SideloadedMode=true. It sets it to false and keeps the setting text.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-18-2024 at 05:41 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert