Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-19-2020, 12:27 AM   #1
NightStar76
Enthusiast
NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook
Calibre integration

I'm thinking of buying a pocketbook reader; probably the new one, with color. But one of the reasons I've stuck with Kobo so long is how well integrated into Calibre it can be with various extensions. Especially adding books to it with collections automatically made.

I have a lot of books, and while they don't always need to always be on the reader, I'd like some of them to be there. So, how are collections or whatever managed by Pocketbook? Thanks in advance!
NightStar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
slkissinger
Connoisseur
slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD, Xiaomi InkPalm
I've never customized it; so there might be customizations you can make in Calibre to modify the behavior. But by default; this is what it looks like for me.

"Series" is a calibre attribute which is automatically transferred, so in Library, you can select Series and see all your series' types.

"Authors" is a default filter as well.
"Genres" will filter by any Calibre Tags you have on your books in Calibre.

If you wanted to enforce some kind of collection method (without doing anything else more custom); I'd say make up your own Tag (if there isn't already an appropriate one) to tag books (if they aren't a series already); and you can easily find your tagged books with the tag of say... "ReadTheseNext"
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2020, 03:01 AM   #3
jpijper
Enthusiast
jpijper began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3 (PB632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slkissinger View Post
If you wanted to enforce some kind of collection method (without doing anything else more custom); I'd say make up your own Tag (if there isn't already an appropriate one) to tag books (if they aren't a series already); and you can easily find your tagged books with the tag of say... "ReadTheseNext"
And then if you want you can select those and add them to a Pocketbook collection. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to associate a Calibre column with a Pocketbook collection. I hope some day someone will write a plugin for this
jpijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
NightStar76
Enthusiast
NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook
Thanks!
NightStar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Since Pocketbook supports folders and subfolder and my mistrust of library apps, I manage collections with calibre on Pocketbooks exporting it like this f.i.:
\EBOOKS\Dumas,_Alexandre\D'Artagnan_Romances,_The\ D'Artagnan_Romances,_The_3.30-Man_in_the_Iron_Mask,_The.epub
But I know of other Pocketbook users, who are relying on the ability of the pocketbook library app to properly read the correspending "Series" tag.
BTW. there is a new app from user @Reaty, which is supposed to help with collections on pocketbook:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334784
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert