Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Footnotes take me to another page

I loaded a bunch of books to my reader (in EPUB, converted in Calibre), and I'm reading one with footnotes. I thought they would appear in a popup window, instead they take me to the end of the book (or wherever a specific footnote is). Is it a setting in KOReader where I can activate popup footnotes instead?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Gear - Taps and gestures - Links - Show footnotes in popup
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Out of the box most footnotes with halfway proper markup will show as actual footnotes, see https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ko...-footnotes.png

Would you mind sharing the document after pulling it through ScrambleEbook?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #4
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Would you mind sharing the document after pulling it through ScrambleEbook?
I'm attaching the file, agree it would be good to have the footnote automatically show just like in the screenshot you shared.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wojny biznesowe - David Brown_scrambled.zip (1.11 MB, 189 views)
Old 12-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does przypis mean something like footnote? If it does then we can add it to the classic classname in-page footnotes styletweak. If not, then you'd have to add a custom user styletweak as follows:

Code:
.przypis, .przypis1 {
  -cr-hint: footnote-inpage;
  margin: 0 !important;
}
(Well, you'll have to to that regardless unless you want to wait a few weeks. )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2021-12-23_223655.png
Views:	292
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	190977  
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 05:03 AM   #6
Buhaj47
Zealot

Yes, "przypis" means "footnote". Thanks, I can wait until it's applied system-wide, I guess I would have to do it per-book basis right now.

Wysłane przez Tapatalka
Old 12-24-2021, 07:27 PM   #7
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Will we have option to automatically show footnotes within page, if we choose to do that? Without tapping on footnotes?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:51 PM   #8
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Will we have option to automatically show footnotes within page, if we choose to do that? Without tapping on footnotes?
Main menu Typeset - Style tweaks - Miscellaneous - In-page footnotes.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:31 AM   #9
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhaj47 View Post
Yes, "przypis" means "footnote". Thanks, I can wait until it's applied system-wide, I guess I would have to do it per-book basis right now.
Long-press to set default. But I just realized you'd also have to do that for classic classname in-page footnotes; it's my personal less safe preference to do that.

Only fully proper per-spec ones are enabled by default.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #10
Buhaj47
Zealot

Hold on, so you're saying I can add this custom rule in KOReader instead of adding it to CSS properties in ebooks until it's in the next KOReader build? Didn't quite understand that bit I think.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:51 PM   #11
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Indeed, you can. It's called "User style tweaks". Basically create something like "footnote.css" file in the styletweaks directory. Then you can go to the style menu and enable it for all books/specific book. Alternatively you can add per book styletweak from within KOReader, without creating any extra files. It works for one book though. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Style-tweaks
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:54 PM   #12
Buhaj47
Zealot

I read another book recently and footnotes were not showing at the bottom of the page. I have attached a scrambled copy. Would you mind adding the style to the in-page footnotes styletweak in the next build?

EDIT: I think the class name is .fn-ref.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Another book_scrambled.epub (550.3 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by Buhaj47; 05-14-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:15 PM   #13
Frenzie
Wizard

Could you give an indication as to which chapter it's in? I'm not seeing any supertext.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:54 PM   #14
Buhaj47
Zealot

An example is in d2d31.xhtml:

Code:
<sup id="footnote-006-backlink" class="fn-ref"><a href="../Text/fn.xhtml#footnote-006" class="calibre3">[1]</a></sup>
Old 05-16-2022, 03:02 AM   #15
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I suspect because the tag has a generic class="calibre3", so it is not recognized as a note/footnote. Although I am not sure how to quickly fix such thing, maybe with book-specific style tweaks
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote