Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Hanvon h516, Kobo Aura HD
Metadata Plugboard Stopped Working

I have the following metadata plugboards set up to add the series info to titles:

epub:KOBOTOUCH([{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}] -> title
kepub:KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED([{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}] -> title

I have not altered these but at some point they have stopped working and the vanilla title is getting sent to the device in spite of any series information set up.

Anyone have any ideas what may be wrong?
dvd8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What does the statusbar (at bottom) say when you Kobo is connected?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #3
dvd8n
Connoisseur
dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.dvd8n will give the Devil his due.

It says 'Connected Kobo Aura HD'
Old 11-03-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
dvd8n
Connoisseur

But on the metadata plugboard screen it says 'Device Currently Connected: KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED'
Old 11-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
dvd8n
Connoisseur

Hmmmm. I changed format to 'any format' and device to 'any device' and it started working.

Well, working's a bit strong. It started doing something....
Advert
Old 11-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
dvd8n
Connoisseur

For series 'Matt Helm' number 4 it generates 'MH - 04 - <title>'

I swear that this all worked at some point. I still have the titles on my Kobo to prove it
Old 11-03-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
dvd8n
Connoisseur

I simplified the plugin down to:

{series}{series_index:0>3s| - | - }{title}

and it seems to be working now. I can't remember what all the extra guff was for now - I think it was something to do with limiting lengths but it was all too long ago ......
Old 11-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The device names must match the rules.
You can have many rules defined:
for different devices,
different formats on the same device

In your case, I would make the device name read the device connected, as you have many models listed
Old 11-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #9
dvd8n
Connoisseur

Well, the KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED came from the drop-down - I can't type in Kobo Aura HD. And KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED is the driver that I was using.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

We will have to wait for a Kobo developer to weigh in on this turn .

Do you have the latest Kobo extended PI's? Calibre evolves -- PI sometimes need to be tweaked to keep in sync
Old 11-04-2015, 01:15 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Either the KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended drivers can be used will all Kobo devices from the Touch onwards. The former is included in calibre, and the latter has to be installed. If you install the KoboTouchExtended driver, then the matching plugboard needs to be used when sending a book to the device.

What will work depends on what you are sending to the device. The intention of the KoboTouchExtended driver is to convert from epub to kepub on the fly. The metadata gets updated before the book is converted. That means metadata plugboard will be used for epub files.

If there are kepubs in the library, converted or from some other source, they will be sent in preference to epubs (unless you change the configuration). In this case the plugboard for kepubs will be used. This is the case for either driver. But, if this is done, the KePub Metadata Writer plugin is needed to update the metadata when the book is sent.

So, from the first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd8n View Post
epub:KOBOTOUCH([{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}] -> title
This will be used if you are using the standard KoboTouch driver and send an epub to the device.
Quote:
kepub:KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED([{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}] -> title
This will be used if you are using the KoboTouchExtended driver and send a kepub that is in your calibre library to the device.

For the device listed when it is connected, it should show the actual model name, not the driver name. Originally it just showed "Kobo Touch" but I got tired of the "But I don't have a Touch. Will it still work?"
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote