Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 04:59 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
KoboTouch: Plugboards from series_index to SeriesNumber

On the Kobo device, the SeriesNumber row in the content table is a text column rather than an integer or float. Both null results and things like "1-4" are valid entries.

There's two things I'd like to know if are possible to do via plugboards:

1. For series omnibuses, I use series_indexes of x.y — 1.04 or 5.07. Is it possible to replace the period with a dash and remove the extra 0 to display as 1-4 on the Kobo?

2. For unnumbered series, I use a series_index of 0.0. This means a lot of "Series Name - 0"s on my device. Is it possible to return a null value instead?

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:13 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
For both #1 and #2, the answer is no. The plugboard sets the series_index in a copy of the book's metadata. That index is a floating point value, and can only accept floating point values. It might be possible to set it to python None (would require a python template). I strongly suspect this won't work. If it doesn't fail in the plugboard then I don't know what the device driver would do with it.

It is possible that the 2-decimal-digit limitation can be ignored, but given the number of moving parts I don't know what will happen on the device, or even if the behavior is deterministic. If this interests you then try it and see.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:26 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Ah - I was afraid of that. I think at least #2 I can run a sqlite query on the database itself after Calibre's done syncing metadata.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote