Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 07:55 AM   #1
The_Red_River
The_Red_River began at the beginning.

Device: PW 3
Is there a way to download non-kindle file to the kindle?

I just curious (To be honest, I want to download gbc rom to play because my computer is broken)
The_Red_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can download any file you want to a Kindle ereader. Unfortunately, you won't be able to do anything with unsupported formats. As for running a Gameboy Color game? Someone would have to write an emulator for a Z-80 processor and the GBC hardware. You would need a jailbroken Kindle at a minimum to run it.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:35 PM   #3
The_Red_River
The_Red_River began at the beginning.

Device: PW 3
my kindle is jailbroken, i try to download some .gbc file via cloud storage on koreader but its only allow to view kindle supported file.
(Sorry for my poor English)
The_Red_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:27 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What I was trying to say is that a Gameboy Color uses a Z-80 CPU plus specialized hardware. You could copy a file to your Kindle using an USB cable but it would do you no good without the emulator to actually run that code on your Kindle's ARM processor. There was one thread a while back about GBC emulator for a Kindle... quick search came up with this thread: [URL="https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284364"]Gambatte-K - Game Boy Color emulator [/URL from 2017. As the note in the first message says:

Quote:
# note
Don’t be exciting too early, due to the e-ink screen, most games are not playable.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote