Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-13-2022, 09:45 PM   #1
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Wifi not consistently connected

I'm using the latest release on a Kobo Sage. I'm using Progress Sync, and want for it to always sync, but sometimes the Wifi will be disabled, and will stay disabled, for no obvious reason.

I have the following settings set:

Disable Wi-Fi connection when inactive: Unchecked
Restore Wi-Fi connection on resume: Checked
Action when Wi-Fi is off: turn on
Action when done with Wi-Fi: leave on

But still, and not infrequently, the Wi-Fi is off.

What am I missing?
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:05 AM   #2
bald
bald began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O HD (v2)
I am just trying to setup progress sync, i was able to register via my kobo device but using the same credentials I am unable to login via Android device using the same credentials... I get "unauthorized" I've tried reinstalling koreader but no joy, anything I'm missing?
bald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2022, 10:39 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bald: Entirely different issue, please create a separate thread .

@mkozlows: Check the logs, my wild guess would be poor connectivity making the initial connection attempt fail, as there's no retry in these cases.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
bald
bald began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O HD (v2)
[QUOTE=NiLuJe;4238948]@bald: Entirely different issue, please create a separate thread .

Fairplay... was a little cheeky of me!
bald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:57 PM   #5
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mkozlows: Check the logs, my wild guess would be poor connectivity making the initial connection attempt fail, as there's no retry in these cases.
When you say "no retry", do you mean "no retry after fail until Wifi is manually connected"? Because that matches what I see: On 7/6, when I went on a trip, I see a "restore-wifi-async.sh: Failed to connect to preferred AP!" message (which makes sense, there was no Wi-Fi enabled on the airplane), and then it never tries to connect on wake-up from there on out:

Code:
07/13/22-18:00:57 INFO  Kobo suspend: ZzZ ZzZ ZzZ... And woke up!
07/13/22-18:00:57 INFO  Kobo resume: clean up after wakeup
07/13/22-18:00:57 INFO  Kobo resume: successfully asked the kernel to resume subsystems
07/13/22-18:00:57 INFO  Restoring user input handling
GET https://sync.koreader.rocks:443/syncs/progress/54255d2149fbf92b1341a73db2265c3c
host or service not provided, or not known
PUT https://sync.koreader.rocks:443/syncs/progress
07/13/22-18:04:25 INFO  WakeupMgr: scheduling wakeup in 259200
07/13/22-18:04:25 INFO  Inhibiting user input
07/13/22-18:04:41 INFO  Kobo suspend: going to sleep . . .
... until I manually connect the network, and then it automatically reconnects on wake from then on.

This behavior surprises me. Is there a reason it doesn't try on every wake, regardless of prior failures?
Advert
Old 07-15-2022, 03:18 AM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
This behavior surprises me. Is there a reason it doesn't try on every wake, regardless of prior failures?
Yes

Restore Wi-Fi connection on resume will only attempt to restore if there was a Wi-Fi connection at suspend time.

The behaviour you describe would be called Turn on wifi connection on resume
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:07 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That, too .

But I was initially talking about the simple fact that if the connection attempt fails to succeed within 15s, it just gives up .

(That's the "restore-wifi-async.sh: Failed to connect to preferred AP!" error).
Old 07-15-2022, 02:51 PM   #8
mkozlows
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Restore Wi-Fi connection on resume will only attempt to restore if there was a Wi-Fi connection at suspend time.

The behaviour you describe would be called Turn on wifi connection on resume
Fair enough. Is there a way to get that "turn on wifi connection on resume" behavior? Because "try to connect every session, regardless of whether you failed to connect last session" really is what I want.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:03 PM   #9
mkozlows
Enthusiast

And I guess relatedly, I'm trying to make sense of this series of log entries. I think what I'm seeing is that I turned the device on, it started trying to make a connection. I then turned the device off quickly again, and it canceled the Wifi connection attempt midway through, such that it shows all that failure and error, and the next time I started the device up it didn't attempt to restore the connection. Yes?

(I've tried to trim it to the relevant context, but this section doesn't start with one of those "ZzZ ZzZ ZzZ... And woke up!" logs, so it's possible that there's another wake-up a minute before this that's relevant.)

Code:
07/14/22-18:07:08 INFO  WakeupMgr: scheduling wakeup in 259200
07/14/22-18:07:08 INFO  Inhibiting user input
07/14/22-18:07:09 INFO  Kobo resume: clean up after wakeup
07/14/22-18:07:09 INFO  Kobo resume: successfully asked the kernel to resume subsystems
[Thu Jul 14 18:07:09 EDT 2022] restore-wifi-async.sh: Restarting Wi-Fi
07/14/22-18:07:09 INFO  Restoring user input handling
dhcpcd[21266]: sending signal ARLM to pid 21212
dhcpcd[21266]: waiting for pid 21212 to exit
dhcpcd[21293]: dhcpcd not running
07/14/22-18:07:09 INFO  Kobo Wi-Fi: disabling Wi-Fi
dhcpcd[21305]: dhcpcd not running
Selected interface 'wlan0'
OK
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: (nil)  error: No such file or directory
Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: (nil)  error: No such file or directory [EDIT: this line repeats a bunch of times, trimming for space]
[Thu Jul 14 18:07:27 EDT 2022] restore-wifi-async.sh: Failed to connect to preferred AP!
dhcpcd[21537]: dhcpcd not running
Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: (nil)  error: No such file or directory
07/14/22-18:08:01 INFO  Failed to restore Wi-Fi (after 26 iterations)!
dhcpcd[21558]: dhcpcd not running
07/14/22-18:08:01 INFO  Kobo Wi-Fi: disabling Wi-Fi
dhcpcd[21570]: dhcpcd not running
PUT https://sync.koreader.rocks:443/syncs/progress
07/14/22-18:08:15 INFO  WakeupMgr: scheduling wakeup in 259200
07/14/22-18:08:15 INFO  Inhibiting user input
07/14/22-18:08:31 INFO  Kobo suspend: going to sleep . . .
07/14/22-18:08:31 INFO  Kobo suspend: successfully asked the kernel to put subsystems to sleep
07/14/22-18:08:33 INFO  Kobo suspend: waited for 2s because of reasons...
07/14/22-18:08:33 INFO  Kobo suspend: synced FS
07/14/22-18:08:33 INFO  Kobo suspend: asking for a suspend to RAM . . .
Old 07-16-2022, 07:12 AM   #10
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
Fair enough. Is there a way to get that "turn on wifi connection on resume" behavior? Because "try to connect every session, regardless of whether you failed to connect last session" really is what I want.
Nope. But you can setup a gesture to activate wifi and use it once each time you arrive home after one of the travels.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:09 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Trimming logs generally ends up ruining any chance of figuring out what actually happened, FWIW .

That's a personal pet peeves of mine: don't trim logs, kthxplz .