Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2023, 08:37 PM   #1
tdsp
tdsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Having issues with installing KUAL on original Paperwhite

Hi!

My Dad found out I had ordered a 2015 Paperwhite and rummaged around in his drawers for an unused original Paperwhite. I got it home, charged it, looked up the firmware. I successfully downgraded it to 5.3.3 via the instructions in the thread on how to do that. I used the current version jailbreak patch and I got the appropriate messages on application and restart of the device that makes me think the jailbreak worked.

Here's where the trouble starts:
I extracted the appropriate mrpi package into the root of the paperwhite. I then put the .bin for the newest KUAL into the mrpackages. I disconnect the device, I go to the search and I search for ;log mrpi. The device refreshes and nothing changes on the screen. The .bin appears unchanged in the directory in the kindle.

Am I missing a step? Is there some incompatibility here? Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
tdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 10:18 PM   #2
tdsp
tdsp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I finally got brave and tried using the KDK-2 variant and I believe we are in business!
tdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert