Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 03:02 AM   #1
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
html as an intermediate step

After some reading, I used command line application for 32 bit windows,
called "pdftohtml" to produce something calibre would take as a valid
input. Finally, for pdf file without pictures, I got one page with all the text
in it. It also has page numbers and lines, that say the chapter 1,2,3 etc.
What could I do next to help calibre to converse it to the best possible
epub file? I'm aware of another option, mobipocket creator. The very prob-
lem I experience is that I'm not windows user and the only box available to
me is the one I have no admin privileges. When my kobo reader arrives,
I will ask operator to install the forum recommends for me. Possible to have
chapters separated, as in regular epub files?
Best regards!
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Why don't you trust Calibre to convert the PDF file directly?
Also, there's an ePub editor called "Sigil" that lets you create/edit directly in the ePub format.

If you want to create a mobipocket book WITHOUT using software, try this site:
http://www.beam-ebooks.de/tools/convert/index.php
Copy/paste the text from your HTML file into the textarea and click the Mobipocket Ebook erstellen button. It'll work for a while, maybe even tell you that the script is slow/dead, but soon you'll get a PRC file which, I believe, can be renamed to MOBI in case that's what the Kobo Reader requires.

Last edited by mores; 06-08-2010 at 05:35 AM.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses pdftohtml under the hood anyway.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote