Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-30-2024, 05:59 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Egadget: "The best ereaders for 2024"

https://www.engadget.com/best-ereader-130013808.html

A 6" colour ereader. Heads are going to explode.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:13 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Well, that's just crazy.
Even the biggest color booster must admit that color has some disadvantages over B/W.
At the very least they should be two separate categories.

I appreciate the 12 years of minor improvements in 6" B/W readers.
It seems that trend is running out of steam.
I'm not sure Onyx will be releasing new models in that format.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:22 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Well, that's just crazy.
Even the biggest color booster must admit that color has some disadvantages over B/W.
Sure, just like the biggest B/W boosters must admit there is a disadvantage over color?
Old Today, 07:35 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can someone which a color Reader say they'll never read any text in B&W?

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 07:50 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:15 AM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, what's the best vehicle for 2024?
Is it a car or a pickup?
Advert
Old Today, 08:25 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can someone which a color Reader say they'll never read any text in B&W?
FYI, colour ereaders display B/W text.
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #7
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
FYI, colour ereaders display B/W text.
True.
And you can use a shovel as a teaspoon too.

Maybe in the future color eink will be so popular that a B/W model would cost more.
If there is any visual difference in B/W mode, I will always prefer a B/W model.
I don't care about graphic novels or covers. I like text, black on white.

Last edited by Renate; Today at 08:42 AM.
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
True.
And you can use a shovel as a teaspoon too.
Personally, I wouldn't.

And you can use a B/W to "display" colour, but now you don't have to.

Quote:
If there is any visual difference in B/W mode, I will always prefer a B/W model.
I don't think of myself as an absolutist. So as long as the difference is minimal, I could see myself getting a colour reader.
Quote:
I don't care about graphic novels or covers. I like text, black on white.
Which is fine. We all have our opinions. I'm of similar mind, but recently I saw a beautiful cover, which got me to thinking about colour for the sleep screen of my Kobo. And I don't want black on white; I currently prefer black on yellowish grey on my Kobo.

Personally, my next ereader will be B&W; if I could physically compare a colour ereader, I may change my mind. And if Kobo only offered a colour 6" and Amazon had a 6" B/W, I would try the Kobo colour.