Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Problems after database corruption

I upgraded to the new version and everything was fine the first time I ran it. But once I quit Calibre, it did something because when I later relaunched it because I had forgotten to add something, it said the database was corrupted on the reader, to unplug the reader and wait for everything to refresh, then plug it back in and it should work. I have done this. Everything looks fine except that Calibre is now saying my reader is the Pocket Edition and not the 505. Should I worry about this? I am just nervous that things are behaving differently than before and I would not want to lose access to a feature the 505 has that the Pocket Edition does not just because Calibre thinks I have the Pocket when I do not.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The description is the only thing that changed. It was changed because the 300 and 505 identify themselves as the same device and they use the same driver so to not confuse people by calling their 300 a 505 a generic description is used instead. Also, the same is true for the 600 and 700.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thanks!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote