Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
kirk8677
Enthusiast
kirk8677 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Parsing tags from a bibliographic entry and/or getting tags from Library of Congress

Hi,
I downloaded a number of historical books from the Library of Congress. Unfortunately, the PDFs are not tagged at all.

It is fairly easy for me to match the HTML link to the page with the biblographic entry at the Library of Congress, however, I can't figure out a simple way to get that imported into metadata in Calibre (aside from copy paste).

I could also copy the overall biblographic entry, but I am not aware of a way to parse this bibliography entry into Calibre meta data.

So- the question is:
1) Is there a way to take the Library of Congress HTML and convert to Calibre meta data?
2) Is there a way to take a text bibliography entry and convert to Calibre metadata?

Thank you!
kirk8677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk8677 View Post
1) Is there a way to take the Library of Congress HTML and convert to Calibre meta data?
2) Is there a way to take a text bibliography entry and convert to Calibre metadata?
Perhaps the Library Codes plugin ==>> Index of plugins Ψ³

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #3
kirk8677
Enthusiast
kirk8677 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks, not sure how I missed that, I'll take a look!
kirk8677 is offline   Reply With Quote