Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2024, 06:00 AM   #1
regislnd
regislnd began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre and kindle paper white
Calibre is installed but does not work anymore

Hello the community, happy to join,
I am under Windows 11, I installed Calibre like 10 days ago, all worked well, i could get the ebooks loaded on it, tranfered to my Kindle parperwhite. Life was great.
But since 2 days, i cannot launch it anymore. I looked at all my Windows defender details, I have an Orange protection suite too on the PC with my mobile contract, but as far as i cant see, nothing seems to lock the application so I missed something.
i look into other users case, they tried also via the Calibre portbale app, i did it, but did not solve anything. Any Good idea?
By the way, be kind in your response as I am not a professional of computer science so to use simple vocabulary will help and my English command is far from perfection too ;-).
Enjoy the day
Regis
regislnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #2
Sumi96
Sumi96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have the same problem i think...
since yesterday i can open it, but if i want to add a book into the library or send to my paperwhite: no response.
And it took a long while before i can close it. task manager? Nope, doesn't help. ALT+F4, Nope, the same.

I don't know if someone will answer u who have more ideas, but for me i found zamzar.com, an online converter. works well for me if no one cares about us here.

have a nice day.

Sumi ^^
Sumi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:06 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Double (active) security is probably not a great idea.
Unless you visit dodgy sites, Defender does the daily job.

Not to say, you can't MANUALLY run other scans., just not have both in control.

Some suites insert themselves into the Mail streams (trying to stop your system if a Bot uses it to spew mails).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:57 PM   #4
Sumi96
Sumi96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
where is my thread?!

deleted, why?!

Last edited by Sumi96; Today at 01:59 PM.
Sumi96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi96 View Post
where is my thread?!

deleted, why?!
No one has deleted anything. You have opened no new threads as far as I can see; you've only posted in already opened threads. You can see all your posts by clicking on your username and selecting "Find more posts...".
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumi96 View Post
where is my thread?!

deleted, why?!
As far as I can tell, you have posted 3 messages, none of which were thread starters. One is the one I'm responding to, the other 2 complained about calibre freezing/not working. Your message are rather confusing since there has not been a 32 bit version of calibre since v5.44.0 over 2 years ago. To me, it sounds more as if your computer is having problems. Does Task Manager show high CPU/memory/etc.?

Quote:
since yesterday i can open it, but if i want to add a book into the library or send to my paperwhite: no response.
And it took a long while before i can close...
Quote:
since yesterday Calibre doesn't work anymore. Both versions 32bit and 64bit.
i can start it, but nothing more. Freeze with no response anymore.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote